Monday, February 22, 2010

I'll be married forever: Jiah

eaders rated this article. I'll be married forever: Jiah Jiah Khan is travelling to hometown London today. She doesn’t want a lonely birthday, watching a DVD at home.

I’ll see my family. It’s been years since I spent a birthday with them,” says the Piscean. True to her sun sign, Jiah is an incurable romantic. “I actually believe my man will appear on a white horse and I’ll be married to him forever,” confesses Jiah.

The actress, who’s played headstrong young women in her last two releases, also admits that she’s actually quite the opposite. “I’m girlie and shy, like all Pisceans. I even play a shy Indian girl in my next, Sajid Khan’s Housefull. Everyone thinks I’m the opposite, and can’t imagine me in a role like that. So, they’ll get to see the real me in the film,” she reveals.

This is Jiah’s first attempt at comedy. “I’m so excited. It’s been challenging. I’ve taken tips from Sajid, who’s impressed me immensely. In acting school, I was good at comedy. But I don’t know if people laughed at me or with me,” says the actress, who even did her own dubbing for the film.

Jiah’s only had two releases in her career spanning three years, something she’s often asked to explain. “I put my everything into a film — my heart, soul, blood et al. It’s a journey for me. When I pick a film, I do so with all my heart,” she states. In hindsight, is she glad about being replaced by Genelia D’Souza in Chance Pe Dance, which flopped? “No. When a film flops, it hurts because you put a lot into it. It’s like marriage. You decide to give it everything, but never imagine it might end in a divorce. Sometimes it’s just the wrong timing. For instance, my debut film, Nishabd, would’ve been better accepted today as audiences have evolved immensely in the last three years,” she opines.

Post Housefull, she’ll sign an international project, to be announced in a month. “From London, I’m off to the US for that and will return in April for the release of Housefull,” she reveals.

Altruism keeps her occupied when she’s not facing the arclights. “I’ve been doing a lot of charity work, raising funds for Haiti in association with UNICEF. I’m also involved with a music project written and produced by a Grammy-winning producer to raise funds for children,” says Jiah.

No comments:

Post a Comment